Saturday 20 July 2013

A legendary Polaroid Instant.

While rummaging through cupboards, I found gold.

It was gold to me anyway. A legendary Polaroid. I don't know why I think so highly of them, maybe because I've never seen one used or maybe because of its original vintage look. It was fascinating to hold a weird camera like that, the first thing that I wanted to do was take a photo, unfortunately I couldn't do that. And I probably won't be able to for a good while.
Polaroid has stopped making instant film, but a company called Impossible has started doing it again! I went over to the website and noticed that the prices are high, about 23 dollars for 8 pictures, and another 8 dollars for shipping. Hopefully the prices will fall soon, because I can't wait to try the camera out.
It's a Polaroid closeup 636, which can take close up picture from .6 to 1.2m, all you have to do is slide a plastic lens in front of the actual lens. It feels gimmicky.
I wanted to share my thoughts about this beautiful camera. I can't wait to buy some film and take some pictures with it, shall I ask Santa to get me some?


No comments:

Post a Comment