Tuesday 27 August 2013

Suffering for photography.

Yet another crazy idea popped into my head.
Summer is coming to and end and another school year is about to begin. Temperatures are dropping and leaves are starting to fall. So one day I got up and saw how sunny and warm it was, my friends and I quickly decided that it's was a day for the beach.

Since I have an underwater camera, I decided that it might be a good idea to try and take some pictures in the water. Only then I had no idea how painful that would turn out. The water was freezing cold and I could barely hold the camera still for a picture because I was shaking so much. I could literally feel my skin burning from the harsh temperatures. My beautiful friend Ula bravely agreed to model for me. I was quiet surprised at her decision but at the start she didn't take me seriously. But who would? It sounded like a crazy idea then, bathing in the Atlantic ocean without a wetsuit in late August. I honestly didn't mind it though, a passionate photographer is ready to do almost anything to get a good shot, right?


Now a little bit about my awful camera: it's actually an ancient Fujifilm FinePix A500, and its waterproof casing. The camera is only 5.1 mega pixels so that is why the photos are of really bad quality. But that is the only waterproof camera I have at the moment so I had to work with it. Another minus about it is the fact that it eats up battery life like crazy. The batteries will be gone in a couple of minutes. I found that out the bad way, trying to work out why it's not working while freezing in the water and having Ula complaining at me (at least we will know what it's like next time). I edited the photos in Lightroom.
Enjoy the pictures.




A slight problem with taking pictures in the water is that you sometimes get drops of water
on your lens and it ruins a perfect shot. I kind of liked this one though.


...
About a week ago I was in London and I decided to take pictures there with my Smena. I purchased a colour film and a real black & white film. I have the colour film developed and printed, but the photo labs in Cork cannot process the black & white. It costs me 20 euro because they have to send it off. That's a ridiculous price, and absolutely unacceptable. Hopefully I will have the photos ready soon enough and I will post about my trip to London soon. I can't wait for you to see the photos.




1 comment:

  1. wow! wonderful photos:)please visit me in free time:)
    http://mesmerize87.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete